3.06.2013

Xylophone Mini Quilt


I am part of the Modern Patchwork Mini Quilt Club at my local fabric boutique, City Craft. 


Each month we create a mini quilt from Elizabeth Hartman's newest book "Modern Patchwork." Elizabeth provides instructions to make mini versions of each of the quilts in her book. You can find them here.


Last month we worked on the Xylophone Mini Quilt. I'd like to make a whole quilt of this one. It was so simple to cut and put together!


I still need to sew binding on but haven't decided what fabric to use yet. 


I love doing these mini quilts because it helps me practice different quilting styles. It's not as daunting trying a new style on such a small quilt sandwich!


photo credit: Callie of City Craft
Here's a picture of me at our club show and tell! You can see more of the pictures from this meeting here. There are some really talented people in my club.

No comments:

Post a Comment