9.18.2013

Scrappy Chevron and On Baby Quilt Finished


I completed my Chevron and On Quilt!


Like I had mentioned a few posts before, I decided to do a meandering free-motion quilt pattern. I love the crinkle texture that it gives. Once I wash it, it will be even crinklier. Can't wait!


For the backing and binding, I purchased some of Denise Schmidt's line for Jo-Ann. The backing is called Dot Dot Dot Red and the binding is called Blossom Reel Plaid Orange. They were both on sale too!



I hand stitched the back of the binding. It's really relaxing to do while sitting on the couch watching tv. It's nice to get away from the machine sometimes. Although, there have been a few instances when I was in a time crunch and used the machine to finish the binding. It doesn't look horrible but it doesn't look as clean as hand binding does.


Now that I finished the quilt for the precious baby boy, I can get started on the decorations for the shower next month! So glad to have this done ahead of time. No stress involved.


I can just imagine this wrapped around a sweet baby boy. Can't you?!



No comments:

Post a Comment