1.27.2014

Baby Girl Pinwheel Quilt



Today I thought I would share a baby girl quilt my sweet mom finished recently. I gave her a Hello Gorgeous charm pack by Melissa Ybarra for Windham Fabrics for Mother's Day last May and was so excited to see what she had done with it. I purchased the fabric from Missouri Star Quilt Company. They have so many precut options. She used that charm pack along with white fabric (not sure what kind) and linen for the sashing. Isn't it beautiful?! If I remember correctly, I think she used the bottom left hand corner pinwheel print called Petal Penache for the backing.


The pinwheels are just half square triangles and really pop against the neutral linen. She quilted it using the meandering free motion quilting pattern. Here favorite too! Elizabeth Hartman has a great tutorial here. 

A couple of weeks ago she gave this to a family that adopted a sweet little girl. I'm sure she will love it!

1 comment:

  1. this is lovely - do you know the finished size of the blocks, sashing and borders?

    ReplyDelete