1.31.2014

Video: Free Motion Quilting - Flower

I've ventured from my beloved meandering free motion quilt pattern! My mom gave me Angela Walters' Free-Motion Quilting book a while back and I have been wanting to try her techniques on a quilt. I made a little video showing how I used her flower quilting pattern. Here's to trying something new! (Don't mind The Office playing in the background.)


Flower Free Motion Machine Quilting from Ashton Lloyd on Vimeo.



You'll notice that I didn't worry about the tail end of the thread all over the place. Once I finished I just snipped it and pulled it out. I figured my petals wouldn't be as smooth if I stopped to cut it out. It's faster this way too. I also have a machine that will automatically sew when I push a certain button; pair that with moving the fabric around at a consistent speed and the result is really even stitch lengths!

View the video in your browser here.

No comments:

Post a Comment